This is a correction of the mention of artificial fetal
brain tissue transplants in my 6/22/97 posting describing
the Zichron Yaakov PD vacation seminar.

My wife Aliza and I attended another lecture by Dr Rabai
last night in Tel Aviv.I asked him for a clarification
of the artificial fetal transplant research he referred
to in Zichron Yaakov.

It turns ou that he was referring to the growing of nerve
cells from the healthy brain of an embryo and then using
this tissue for brain tissue  transplants.Thus the issue of
requiring up to eight embryos from aborted fetuses could
be avoided.He was not referring to in vitro fertilization
procedures which would require growing the embryo in the
womb of a surrogate and then extracting it.

I neglected to ask him where this research is taking place.
Does anyone have any information on the growing of brain
nerve cells from brain tissue extracted from embryos?

Gil Lieberman