Jill

<< She also has osteoporosis and her muscles are extremely rigid,
 and as a result keeps getting stress fractures in her feet  >>

If you are interested in the physiological rationale for your mom's tight
muscles, from the St John Neuromuscular (NMT) point of view, let me know,
through the list or privately.  It explains why the tightness occurs and how
NMT works to relieve it.  Kathrynne Holden, a member of this list, may be
able to help you with dietary measures to counter what sounds to me like an
advanced case of osteoporosis.  There are also dietary means of addressing
chronically tight muscles.

By the way, from one care giver to another: Give your folks a specific
deadline at which they are to officially Get Used To It ("IT" being having
home health care).  I love my parents deeply and widely, and also have
interests separate from their wellbeing.  We respect each other's needs for
privacy and time outs, and my folks are grateful to have someone else come in
three times a week to deal with my dad's PD needs.  It eases my load and
gives my dad a different social outlet (we have, after all, heard every joke
he's ever told about a million times).  I hope your folks can figure out that
it's care giver abuse to expect you to do it all.

Deanne Charlton