My sister-in-law who is PWP and has been prescribed to take Aricept is
finding some relief with its use.  However, the HMO willnot pay for it
because Aricept is prescribed for Alzimer's and not Parkinson's.  Her doctor
who is Dr. Tetrud of the Parkinson's Institue in Sunnyvale is trying to get
this changed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
 I have heard of people having touble getting HMO's to pay for new drugs
which are always more expensive.  I hope this is not going to be a problem
with Mirapex.
My husband 73/4 is in the Pramipexole testing program and has been signed up
for another year (until Jan.) We are very excited and happy that Mirapex is
soon going to be available to everyone.  I hope it does as much for all of
you who will be taking it as it has for Dex.
                  Rosemary Dexter<[log in to unmask]>