they are supremelyOn Mon 30 Jun, Ida Kamphuis wrote:
> Dear Brian,
>=20
> Something in this discussion I don't understand. Why is it, Brian, that
> you so strongly resist the idea that our nervous systems don't all react
> the same way. Your model is usefull for you and many others, but it can=20
> not explain everything about med's and parkinson. The med's scheme I now=20
> use gives one unescapable, but foreseeable period of dyskinesia that starts
> about 4 hours after I have taken my last sinemet CR of the day. It lasts=20
> about 1 hour. Trying to explain this, one needs a model in which a too low
> dose of sinemet activates certain structures, which activation is overruled
> by another system, which uses a higher dose. This however is pure=20
> hypothetical, the effects themselves are not and can not be dismissed=20
> because we can't explain them. I want to mention yet another phenomenon.=20
> From the start of my PD I suffered from cramps in my right feet every=20
> morning after getting up (I use no med's at all at night). I was amazed about > tha=
t because in the beginning my parkinson has been exclusively on my left
> side. Now that I use my new med's scheme this symptom has nearly disappeared. > Thi=
s is completely unexplainable for me, but yet it's true.
> Ida Kamphuis, 53/12+
> Holland
>=20
>=20
Hello Ida,  You are being a little hard on me, I think. Perhaps it was before
you joined the list that I brought my program to the list, and invited people
to give it a try. My stated objective was to find out how many PWPs could=20
benefit from the program, or was it just applicable to me? Unfortunately,
getting the required data from people turned out to be slightly more difficult
than getting blood out of a stone! You may recall that you did almost all =20
the hard work, and were ready to generate the numbers which I needed, when
you just stopped - I don't know why. However, as time went by, I have managed
to accumulate some data, some of it compatible with my program, and some not.
However, I am continuing to learn, and I ALWAYS try any new information=20
against my program first. Even if the analysis does not work, the format of
the plot is  (for me)=A0a useful way to describe whaqt is happening because
I can see so much more clearly when plotted in graphical forem - no doubt=20
due to my Engineering training)

the whole point of the my last e-mail was to say that:

 A) I know how to produce on myself end-of-dose Dyskinesias - And I can=20
assure you that they are the real thing.

 B) I can alter my meds in such a way that I stop the end-of-dose dyskinesias=20
                                                      =20
 C) I have no models or theories, I just want to know if anyone recogmises
    the sequence of events
--=20
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]