Your dad's seen cancer, heart disease, PD -- yet from your recent
descriptions of him with his kids and grandkids, he comes out sounding like
a very lucky man.

My father had bypass surgery 15 years ago. About 3 years ago he needed
angioplasty, but not on the artery from 15 years ago. They were to able to
take a look at that artery and said it looked great. Bypass is an amazing
operation -- it also gives you a  new lease on life. Hope PD sees such
hope. Good luck

Debbie White

> Ruth, Mazel Tov on your daugthers Bat Mitzvah, we have had a Bat and a
Bar
> mitzvah, a few years ago, and I was concerned with all the details, and
> worried everything would be as planned. It is a wonderful time, and worth
> everything, but when it is all over, you think "we did it, it was great,
we
> spent HOW MUCH? But time marches on , my Son is entering graduate school,
my
> "little girl" is a sophomore in college, we just closed on a much bigger
> house (we are mishuganah!) I promise you'll feel better, and I believe
you
> will get some specific help here to even out your on and off times and
other
>  symptoms.
> You may well be cured of PD if things go well with some of the research
being
> done, and that we hope will be funded WHEN the Udall bill is passed.  We
must
> all be positive and upbeat. My father, the PWP in the family had just had
> bypass surgery a few weeks before, but was able to play a beautiful
medley on
> his saxophone with the Bar Mitzvah band. He was also able to enjoy my
> daughter's Bat Mitzvah, but was "slowing down" . He is now 80 and really
> affected by PD, but he did have some good years. You will feel better.
Ken