Billy,
I have a solution to the smoking problem in the world.
I'll just donate my Asthma to each and every smoker in the
world for one week.

I live in a state (Florida) where outside burning is prohibited,
and when the Everglades catch  fire , I stay home with my
Enviracare Air Filter set to high.
I can't eat smoked meat, fish, turkey, chicken,etc.
  It has the same effect as being in the room with
a smoker.

One of my colleagues at work smokes, however, not in the building,
as it is a smoke free building. He had rather longish hair and the
smoke would stay in his hair, causing me to have an Asthma attack
whenever we shared the reference desk.

When I have to use my Asthma Inhaler it causes me to have seizures,
My boss held me the last time I went through this, and now this colleague
and I NEVER share reference desk duties together.

I didn't develop Asthma until age 33, after having lived with my Father,
who smoked 3 packs of Chesterfields a day.
My Mother who never smoked, developed Emphysema, and I have never
smoked in my life.

I'm not certain how second hand smoke does it's damage, but I'm proof
positive that it does.

Charlie Meyer:

Please quit apologizing, I for one have really been enjoying your sense of
humor,
which I'm sure you have always had, but have kept it from us!!!

Welcome to the foot-in-the-mouth boat!!!!