At 03:04 PM 7/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>BILL, I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING SUPPORT FOR THIS BILL. MY HUSBAND
>HAS PD. HE IS 52 LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO!!!!!!!!!

Dear Kathy,

I hope Bill doesn't mind my giving you a couple of alternatives to become
involved in the Udall bill effort. Although this note gives specific information
about LA, the general principles apply to all states.

A very important event will be taking place in Washington, DC, July 13th
through July 16th and you are invited to participate. You are unique because
you live in Louisiana and your residence makes your attendance critical.

The 1997 Parkinson's Public Policy Forum will be held in The Hotel Washington.
There will be many important and enjoyable activities, but foremost will be our
public statement that Parkinson's disease can and will be eradicated. This is
the message that our sizable group of PWPs, CGs and friends will generate.

Since congressmen are most likely to listen to their constituents and our
list of
grassroots activitists is thin in a number of states, it is imperative that
we import and transport willing individuals from these states.

There are limited funds available to help people with expenses. What I am
asking you
to do is to decide within 24 hours to come to Washington and lobby the 6 (4
R & 2 D)
Louisiana Reps and both Senators who have not cosigned the bill. If you
cannot make
it, would someone from your family or circle of friends be willing to join
us? If
you are interested, or know someone who could come, please let me know.

If you cannot come to DC, you can still help. We need to make appointments
to see
the 6 congressmen and 2 Senators. You could agree to phone the toll free
number,
800-962-3524, and arrange for a "proxi" to visit your state's legislators.

Please respond as quickly as possible:
1/ can you or someone you know from Louisiana travel to DC?
2/ can you or someone arrange for a "proxy" to visit congressmen.

If your answer is yes to either of the questions, you could contact me.

I can promise you that there is no feeling that can compare to the feeling
of unity and purpose resulting from our combined presence.

Hope to hear from you before Monday morning.

See you in DC,

Margaret Tuchman

Princeton, NJ 08540
609-921-6258

At 03:04 PM 7/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>BILL, I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING SUPPORT FOR THIS BILL. MY HUSBAND
>HAS PD. HE IS 52 LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO!!!!!!!!!
>KATHY LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540