Reply to message from [log in to unmask] of Mon, 30 Jun
Hi diane!

You see it may take longer to type, but so what:))))))
Life goes on:))

With PD you can not be rushed. This could be one of the frustrations your
father is facing, thus he tends to give up.  Yes all of us would
like to be the way we use to be but we are not.  For that matter, no one in this
world is the same as they were when they were younger.

As for the paranoia (sp?), there are meds that can be coordinated with his
PD meds . NOT just the typical drugs for mood swings, sleep disorders,ect.
Also, by chance is his room near the kitchen or eating area. Could it be
that he smells the food being cooked. Or I have heard that a PWP has an sense
that s/he smells gas, ect.  Someone could search the Netscape for this
information.

In summary here is a list of possible ideas

1. recliner in his room, so he starts getting out of his bed
2.a computer for him to type on
3.magazines- short stories for reading
4.Winnie walker per doctors orders not mine:))))
5.wood craft kits from a craft store . Maybe make something for the
grandchildren?????
6. get the aides to bring him into the patient lounge area or activities
room.
7.What about occupational therapy ? ????>

These are some suggestions that should be discuss your dad's doctor.

Nancy M.