On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 20:01:05 -0400 Lori Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>I have read, and heard it referred to within the group, that a
>minority
>of PWP develop dementia, but this doctor seems to feel that in my
>grandmother's case Parkinson's is a result of micro-strokes or
>infarcts
>which themselves cause dementia. Has anyone else heard of this
>(Parkinson's resulting from mini-strokes?) or have experience with
>this?
Lori,
When I first presented at the Drs. office with tremors he wanted to rule
out the possibility of my having had a stroke as this can cause PD like
symptoms. An MRI was done to eliminate that cause.
Mini-strokes or TIAs (transient ischemic attacks) can and do cause
dementia as my paternal grandma had had multiple TIAs and eventually she
had to be put in a NH because of the dementia that resulted from them.

Jon Meyer 40/1 ([log in to unmask]) another Hoosier