for those of you who are using a Macintosh, here's what to do to adjust the
key repeat rate. Open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
Drag the mouse to the Control Panels, then drag it over to the Keyboard (this
menu appears to the right of the first menu). Open the Keyboard, and the key
repeat rate control is on the top. Just choose one setting, then your
computer will be ready for you to use immediately. I readjust the key repeat
rate on this computer a lot, as I want it set faster for me, but slower for
when the children in my class use it. Also, one of my students uses a switch
to control some of the programs on this computer, as he cannot use his hands!