Has anyone ever tried this product?  Does anyone know anything about it?  I
have read the many pages on the internet about it.  It is labeled as a
"nutritional supplement" and is also called the "Fountain of Youth". It was
created in Bucharest, Romania by Dr. Ana Asian in approx. 1956.

Scientifically speaking it is a formulation of procaine hydrochloride
buffered and stabilized with potassium metabisulfite and benzoic acid.
Procaine hydrochloride is metabolized in the body, producing PABA
(para-aminobenzoic acid) and DEAE (diethyl amino ethanol), which are
vitaminic precursos to the formation of folic acid, choline, and
acetyl-choline. If you are like me, I do not know what that means!

I have read that it:

"improves the homeostasis of the body... gently dilates and cleanses the
blood vessels, thus improving circulation to all parts of the body... tends
to resote the of MAO (monoamine oxidase, an enzyme), there is a natural
build-up of MAO after the age of 40 which leads to lower energy and
sometimes depression.  GH3 is a mild, reversible MAO inhibitor, which means
that it is extremely safe to use since it allows necessary MAO to perform
when needed by the brain or liver.  It goes on to say that it has an
anti-depressant effect, possessing no dangerous side-effects.  Sidney
Cohen, a UCLA psychiatrist, and former Director of the National Institute
of Mental Health, and Dr. William Zung, affirmed that Dr. Asian had not
exaggerated the anti-depressant value of her formula."

The artilcles go on to say:
Although nobody knows for sure how Procaine-hydrochloride seems to charge
up the body and relieve so many conditions, the best guess is that it tones
up the cells somehow and hence spreads the healing powers systematically,
fighting off the advanced of debilitation wherever they have shown up.  "I
believe that Gerovital H3 improves the oxygen capacit of the blood" remarks
Dr. Kratz of Florida, "when that happens you improve every organ in the
body.  Gerovital H3 has different effects of different people sometimes you
don't notice what is happening to yourself until somebody asks you if
you've had a facelife."

The articles go on to say that the following people took it:  John F.
Kennedy, Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer, Marlene Dietrich, the Gabor
sisters, Kirk Douglas, and Salvador Dali.

There was also a sentence in the many articles that said 5 of 9 Parkinsons
patients were helped with this "nutritional supplement".

I recently met a man who swears by this vitamin(?).  He explained to me
that he has had difficulty getting it in the U.S. but that it is easily
available in Mexico, Europe and England, as an OTC (over the counter)
vitamin(?)/drug(?).

It sounded very interesting and I was just wondering if any of you were
familar with it and would it counter-act any of the usual PD meds, i.e.
eldepryl, sinemet, permax, artane?
I am sorry if I got a little carried away with the above info from the
articles, but I was so impressed by the man I met and the articles.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Bob  46/6