Diane,
You didn't say what strength Sinemet your Mother takes.
I also take 5 per day.  I'll tell you how I do it, I'm not saying
that it's the right way, but it works for me.

I take 25/100 strength Sinemets.
I take one and a half tablets in the morning, right after I take
my Synthroid (thyroid) medication.  Then I drink a glass of
half cranberry and half pineapple juice.

At lunch I also take 1.5 tablets of Sinemet.
Then I wait until the evening meal to take the other
1.5 tablets, also with the cranberry/pineapple juice.

If I'm not doing too well, about 10 p.m I take the other
half of the Sinemet.  If I feel okay, I don't take it.
The only problem I have is, there is quite a span of time
between lunch and the evening meal, sometimes as long
as 6 hours. It is during this time I have problems.
But most of the day I feel the Sinemet keeps me under control.
I'm a perfect candidate for the Sinemet patch.

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian with PD,
64/9