I am responding to  Jwarrwn's question to Rosemary as to how Aricept has
improved her husband's life. My husband has been taking aricept for dementia
for two months now with amazing results. He has had no side effects even
though he takes sinemetCR, florinef, midodrine, cipro, and zoloft and NADH
along with several nutritional  supplements. Our neurologist decided to give
Aricept a try since Ken has had many problems involving neuro transmitters,
and this drug works by increasing acetylcholine which sinemet decreases(this
is not a very scientific explanation, but that's the idea). Most people wih
PD have too much acetylcholine so aricept would not be helpful, but Ken
evidently is not most people, and his mental abilities have come back alot
since starting the drug. His memory,  both long and short term has improved
tremendously. Everyone notices it. He feels more confident to talk to people,
and he can be understood most of the time. He is not cured of dementia, but
he is much better, and both his and my quality of life is better. Our
neurologist decided to try Aricept because she said Ken's dementia was not
typical of either PD or Alzeimers; I am surely glad   she did.

                                                                      Barbara
Smith, cg/Ken/69/16