Hi, I am new to this list as my mother has just been diagnosed.
I have so many questions I don't know where to begin! She is 70
years old and this all started when she fell and broke her shoulder
2 years ago precipitating minor strokes. 6 months ago the tremor
began and just this month she was diagnosed and started on meds.
She also has osteoporosis and her muscles are extremely rigid,
and as a result keeps getting stress fractures in her feet which are
more disabling than the parkinson's or is this a result of the
parkinsons? Her and my dad are extremely resistant to assisted
techology and to having in-home help and as a result they are both
extremely depressed and dependent upon me.

What can I do to help them? Should she be receving other medical
care besides the meds? Such as occupational therapy or counseling
for her depression?

Where do I begin?

Thanks,

Jill