On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Melinda Brown wrote:

> Hi. My name is Melinda Brown and I'm the Director of Public Relations at
> the National Parkinson Foundation. I've been in contact with a reporter
> from "Inside News" who is interested the recent gene finding and would like
> to interview a family with a Parkinson's disease history -- preferably a
> family where there are two members currently living with the disease.
>
> If you and a family member have PD or you know of past cases of PD in your
> family tree, and you are willing to be interviewed for National television,
> please e-mail me at: [log in to unmask]
>
> Thank you.
> Melinda Brown
> 1(800) 327-4545

Melinda Brown:

Both my brother and I have PD. We don't know of any others in the family,
past or present, who have had PD.

My brother is 81 years old and has had PD for an estimated 8 to 10 years,
perhaps longer. He lives in Houston, TX and has been willing to cooperate
in research studies although I have not discussed the possibility of an
interview.

I am 84 years old and was diagnosed in Nov. 1990. If we can do anything to
help publicize the need for expanded research, we will do whatever we can.
My home is in Columbia, MO.

A. Lee [log in to unmask]