Ken
Best of my RN knowledge recall (retired)-TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) is a
little different than a mini-stroke.  Strokes are either 1) a clot blocks a
brain artery causing a lack of blood supply to that area of the brain thereby
causing some brain damage or 2) a bleed into the a brain area causing that
part of the brain damage.  A TIA is just that, a transient lack of blood
supply(ischemic) that passes on so to speak.  My father had TIAs - not
causing any brain cell death.  Better to have a TIA than a stroke.  I doubt
that your father's TIA  was related to his PD.  Nice to read your postings.
Mary CG for Mel 76/11 - Mary RN MN, retired