Dennis, you are clairvoyant!  but I still have a problem, I only have 3
manuals in plastic, so my VCR wobbles without a fourth one to prop it on.
 Actually I enjoy the help lines , because of the music some of them play.
 If you recorded the music on cassettes, you could put  the whole "United
Association of Insomniacs" to sleep in 5 seconds!
My absolutely favorite idea, is putting the instructions for a VCR on a VCR
tape. If you could figure out how to play the tape, you wouldn't need
it!..HOWEVER, it is just the right thickness to hold up the fourth corner of
the VCR that lacks a book!Ken B