SUe, the old, old house was built in 1954, the new old house was built in
1971.  The appliances in the n.o. h. were built by the devil himself, or at
least are each cursed.
The decor was done by someone who spent entirely too much time in Disney's
Haunted Castle.  Do YOU like long olive green shag carpets? (I don't)  I
found an electrical outlet that spits fire like a dragon. The wiring in the
central Air cond burnt up on the 4th of July
taking a contactor and transformer along for the ride. The A/C unit is on the
(not flat) roof. how convenient!   The writers of "The Money Pit" and the
"Amityville Horror" were going to write about this house, and I believe they
were scared off by the spirits.
The thermostat has two settings:too hot and too cold.  The first 30 minutes
in the house I set off the burglar alarm and got to meet the local police. We
met two of the neighbors, one a plumber, the other an air conditioning repair
company owner (he got the air fixed on the 4th of July, he is GOD!!!!) But my
first thought was , how convenient, my second more realistic one: it is no
coincidence! they both moved in, to make a living from MY HOUSE!  I found a
box in the garage, mounted on the wall, with a cover. I opened it up to see
if maybe there was a safe full of money....no, but there are over 2000
electrical wires, all with loose ends, just WAITING for me to mess with them,
and blow up something somewhere, maybe in the Russian Space Station, because
they  don't appear to be related to anything in the house!!!
The good news is, if the refrigerator dies, I can keep the food in the oven,
it's probably the coldest thing in the house! the other good news is that the
pool is clean, and appears to work perfectly, my daughter used it yesterday,
and now has a sore throat, so she will not have to clean the pool (She is so
smart!)  I think I just saw Bob Vila...running the other way, I guess I'll
have to chase after him in the car! NOPE it was Tim TAylor yelling something
about "TOO  MUCH POWER" that's strange????Ken B