Hi A. Lee-
I read you note to the reporter and would like to take you up on your offer
to "do whatever you can to help publicize the need for expanded research."

You and your brother can make a difference.

There are 3 Congressional Representatives--Joe Barton (R-TX), Ralph Hall
(D-TX) and Karen McCarthy (D-MO), who are on the House Commerce Comittee
where the Udall bill is sitting, who need to be contacted.
If we could get every member of the  committee to cosponsor this bill we may
have enough strength to get it to the floor for a vote.

It is VITAL that as a resident of Texas your brother calls BOTH Congressmen
Barton and Congressman Hall.

1.  Ask your brother in Texas to call 800-962-3524 and ask for Congressman
Joe Barton.

2.  Ask him to give his name and address and leave this message for
Congressman Barton (R-TX):
"My brother and I have Parkinson's disease.  Please co-sponsor the Morris
Udall bill for Parkinson's Disease Research HR.1260 S.535."

3.  Then Ask your brother to call 800-962-3524 and ask for Representative
Ralph Hall (D-TX).

4.  Ask him to give his name and address and leave this message for
Congressman Hall:
"I have Parkinson's disease.  Please co-sponsor the Morris Udall bill for
Parkinson's Disease Research HR 1260."

5.  YOU should call 800-962-3524 and ask for Representative Karen McCarthy
(D-MO).

6.  Give your name and address and leave this message for Congresswoman
McCarthy:
"My brother and I have Parkinson's disease.  Please co-sponsor the Morris
Udall bill for Parkinson's Disease Research HR.1260 S.535."

7. Ask yourselves who else who can get in these 2 states to make the same
phone call.  Then get them to do it.

Thank you for your wonderful offer to help.  Let me know if you want to do
more.
Barbara