Trish, with all due respect to the medical community, whom we need to
survive, some of the stories like yours remind me of taking a car to a repair
shop, when they fix one thing, and something else happens, like the engine
runs fine, but the lights won't work. Many times it is just a coincidence,
many others, there is a direct connection. I had the headliner replaced on a
car (the cloth inside the roof, not a movie star!)  and the turn signals
stopped working. The reason was, the guy shorted out the light that comes
through the headliner, and stole a new fuse from the turn signal to fix it!
 Imagine if a surgeon screws up your kidney and hooks up a lung to replace
it? I don't know how well you'd breathe, and I would not want to guess how it
would affect your urinary system!
KenB