At 02:06 AM 7/6/97 -0400, J. C. Warren  set parkinsn repro wrote:
>I NOTICE MORE THE WITH DRAWING FROM FAMILY LIFE AND TOTAL DRAWING IN TO
>ONESELF WITH MY HUSBAND.  IT IS LIKE HE IS REMOVED FROM THE TOTAL
>SURROUNDINGS HE IS IN.  I AM NOT TRYING TO BE CRITICAL.......BUT THAT IS WHAT
>I SEE.

What you see is Depression setting in.
Sometimes they can get over it by themselves,
and sometimes they need help.
It's good that you are able to assess the problem ,
it will make it easier for you to know when he needs
professional help. He has to be completely miserable
trapped inside his mind and body like that.

I was advised by a wise physician once,just a plain
old family Doctor, that if you take the E off emotion,
you get MOTION, and if you get yourself into motion
its hard for depression to catch you.
Over the last 40 years, I have always remembered
that advice and have use it extensively.      So far
I haven't suffered from Depression.  I keep so
busy it doesn't have time to settle in and get comfortable.

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian with PD
64/9