Hi Gil,

I only have a report on this from 9 years ago, but there are on-the-books
both federal and state legislation regulating research use of fetal tissue.
In many cases the legislation permitted such use of lawfully acquired tissue.
 I think the federal laws were last updated in 1993.  The fact that there is
already federal legislation governing this matter covering all medical
research has always suggested to me that any proposed legislation changing
these laws are more appropriately handled here rather than in the text of the
Udall bill.  It seems to me to be comparable to the effort to put side issues
in the Disaster Relief bill for the northern plains.

Maybe someone has more recent specifics.

Barbara Blake-Krebs    [log in to unmask]