Brian Collins wrote:

> This is a subject which irritates me from time to time, because to me
> it indicates a lack of understanding on the part of some doctors of
> what they are doing:
>
> The most important drug which we take is undoubtedly levodopa: All the
> others are really accessories to the levodopa, so it merits a
> treatment om its own.

Dear brian and others: I, as a Pharmacist, totally agree with you. Many
physicians do not know how to properly dose a PWP. It takes almost daily
adjustment of doses to arrive at the proper dose, and most physicians do
not have the time to do this. It would be helpful if P.A.'s or advanced
practice nurses could be trained to do this adjustment. It is possible
to break the Sinamet tablets into 1/4's, although a little more
difficult than halving them. They can also be put into liquid form and
get even smaller doses if needed. However PWP should talk to their Dr.
first, and most certainly advise him (or her) of any dosage changes that
have worked better. Many Dr's make dosage changes on invalid
information. It is imperative that any changes the PWP makes be brought
to the attention of the Dr, even if you think it will not be happily
received.

                                        Jerry Starr, RPh
                                        Dayton, Oh, USA