Dear Listmembers,

I am, hopefully, one of the many Parkinson's patients on this list who
believe that a cure is on the horizon. However, I do not think it will come
in the form of a dopamine patch or pill. It may come in a pill form, I don't
know.
I have written about this before, with limited response from the group. I
hope to generate more reaction this time.
Not long ago, a message was posted regarding the substance(s) that keep the
human central nervous system from regenerating. It is my opinion that here-in
lies the cure, not just for P.D. but for all neurodegenerative diseases.
First things first, however. A way to selectively destroy this substance must
be found. It is part of the immune system, I think. Therefore the word
"Selectively" is important here. If a drug of some sort could be developed to
destroy this molecule in the human brain, we all would be cured, due to the
fact that as dopamine producing cells and dopamine receiving cells, as well
as all other kinds of neurons died, they would be immediately replaced.
Next, would be a cure for cancer and heart disease - and before you know it,
we'll all be living 200 years.

Jacob
26,'88