Suzan,
I'm sorry about your father.  My first thoughts before and after my PD
diagnosis were of taking my life as life would be so useless.  I had
counseling and anti--depression & anxiety drugs to get me through that time.
 I was 58 when I found out.  When my Dad was in the hospital with a leg
problem that puzzled the Drs'.
there was talk of an amputation.  How terrible i thought, I can't let him
know.  As it turned out he died in surgery for an aynerism (sp?) but had only
been ill for a week so there was no extra suffering or nursing home placement
or comas, etc.
I guess you must miss him and wish things were different.  Some days are
better
than others.  I'm trying to face one day at a time and not worry so much
about the future.

Patricia