First, I would like to thank everyone who offered suggestions on
Airline meals.  I took some cans of supplement with me and some
fresh fruit and after hearing what they were offering to eat, I was
really glad I decided to go that way. I did try to open one of those
packages of pretzels, and Ken Becker you are right----they are
Hydrogen Bomb proof!!!  Certainly PD proof.  I just gave them
back to them!!!

Second,
Rita Weeks, I was the one who asked about the brace for dropped foot.
I got mine in April or May, can't remember, but it did help a lot.  However,
my kneecap is acting up again after my trip to Seattle.  Guess 7.5 hours
of flying time,each way, even with getting up and moving around, is just a
 little too much.
Or maybe it is the uneven ground in Seattle, I never did find a level place
outside, I' d have to cut one leg off at the knee to walk straight and level
there!

Third:
Ken Becker,
There is a book out called "The Idiot's Guide to programming your VCR".
Now don't get upset, I don't think your an Idiot, but if you have ever used
any of the "PC's for Dummies" series of books, the Idiot's Guides are
even more basic.  They work for me on a number of subjects.

Fourth:
If PD is, in fact, caused by a defective gene, would a person ever be able
to figure out from whom they inherited said gene?
Would you ever be able to figure out to whom you will pass on this gene?
Since I can go back  5 generations on both sides of my family , and there is
no PD anywhere , except just with me, doesn't that rule out heredity?

Fifth:
But certainly not least, Jim Cordy, if you'll send me your address in
PittsburgH I'd like to send you a check to be used on the trip to W, D.C.
Since I can't go, maybe it will help someone else a little.

Thanks to all,

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian with PD