Someone ( I have lost the actual message) recently asked a question
concerning substitution of Permax for Sinemet as a means of combatting
dyskinesia.

Margaret did this some  years ago as part of a clinical trial supervised by
her neurologist.
She was troubled by Sinemet-induced dyskinesia and at the time hadn't been
able to tolerate a total daily dose of  more than three 100/25 mg tablets
daily.  Beginning with the smallest Permax, over a period of a couple of
months she built  up to a daily intake of three mg.   Previously she had
been taking three 5 mg doses of Parlously and this was stopped during the
trial.

During this time her Sinemet was cut back, but she was unable to stop
taking it altogether.
This was because she found that Permax was not a completely adequate
substitute and she needed at least half a 100/25 tablet three times a day.
At this dosage, there was less dyskinesia, but there was also a lot less
movement, and finally we tried increasing the Permax to 5 mg a day.   This
more  or less restored the movement to an acceptable level but of course
the dyskinesia again became troubling.   In addition, there were signs that
Margaret would not be able to long tolerate such a high dosage.   She was
becoming somnolent and withdrawn and the trial was discontinued.

We have tried liquid Sinemet  and  Clozaril but these afforded only partial
relief and Margaret still wasn't able to tolerate as much Sinemet as she
needed until she had
her pallidotomy three months ago.

Take Care,
Mark
(CG for Margaret, 65/28 yrs)

Mark Atyeo.
61  6  286  2606
I always said I wanted to be somebody, I just wish I'd been more specific