I think we all (CGs) worry about that eventuality--and of course PWPs do
too!  Perhaps the best answer is to try to educate other"significant others"
whether children, siblings, etc., about PD and how it affects our particular
situation. Not easy, in the face of often massive denial/indifference,and
distance of all kinds--emotional as well as geographical. It seems very
important also to keep good records, have care well organized, so it would be
easier for another person to step in.  Planning for the future, while it may be
painful can also give reassurance.  For example, Peter and I have given our
2 daughters WRITTEN instructions as to our wishes should I become unable
to care for him--which NH he prefers, etc.  I know this relieves a LITTLE of
his anxiety--though not all by any means.  The best thing of course is
to have open, honest, loving communication--and wouldn't it be neat if we
 could "bottle and sell it" ! :-)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"