        Dear Patricia:  My husband who has PSP, a Parkinson's plus
syndrome, began his whole journey to diagnosis with double vision as the
first complaint.  He had cataract surgery first one eye, then the other and
then things just gradually got worse.  He even had surgery to re-attach the
ligaments in his eye to correct the double vision.  Finally he got
investigated for a complete neuro work-up and by then his balance was bad
enough that he was diagnosed with PSP.  He also by then had downward gaze
palsy.  We spent a lot of time and money doing high tech solutions and now
we use some low tech ones which might be helpful to you.  I took old
glasses (or any glasses that he could use) and put opaque tape over one
lens so he could see out of his "good" eye.  He watches TV that way, or in
the car, I did this with his sunglasses so he can see out at the
countryside when riding in the car.  We tried prisms, patches, all sorts of
things, but the taped over glasses have turned out to be the easiest and we
keep a pair in his usual resting spots, by the TV, in the car, etc.  Hope
this is helpful.

*****
Janice Clements
649 Everest Rd.