Camilla,

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that prior to diagnosis (5 months ago
at age 67), my mother had for years a tic-like jerking of the whole jaw,
but hers was more of a downward movement. I am certain that she was unaware
of it.

I've noticed that recently the tic is gone -- instead, when she is, say
listening to someone speak, her mouth is mostly slightly open now, slightly
downward in shape, and almost frozen (but not -- she is expressive). I have
wondered whether others have had a tic prior to diagnosis. I never
associated it with dyskinesia, but now that you bring it up, that sounds
right.

Good luck.

Debbie White

> Dear Friends--It's been awhile since I win evidence here, for a number of
> reasons, family emergencies, server problems at Miami U., and Peter's
> escalating symptoms.  This AM we spent at the ER, checking to be sure the
> abdonimal pains he had since yesterday afternoon were not serious (he
> always fears impaction, of course.)  Now at home, he is a bit more
mobile,
> but no less depressed, I fear.  He's tired of fighting .  One thing I
want
> to ask: do others have experience of a sort of dyskinesia of the JAW?  He
> has for a long time had unconscious biting of his tongue, but recently,
with a
> slight increase in his sinemet, started a tic-like jerking sideways of
the
> whole jaw--he wasn't aware of it till I mentioned it. I cut back on the
> Sinemet at once, and now it seems to have disappeared, so I'm guessing he
> FINALLY reached the threshhold of dyskinesia, having always been under-
rather
> than over-medicated.   Comments?
>
> Server is fixed, and I'll try to catch up here.  Sorry to learn of Barb
M's