Here's a little more information that may be of use.

Via the web site http://thomas.loc.gov one can find out what
legislation is before congress and where members of congress stand.
See especially the page which you get when you click on menu item
"bill summary and status 105th congress".  It provides many
different types of queries.

I learned, for example, that to date 3239 bills have been introduced
in the 105th congress, of which 401 received floor action and only
27 have become laws - a chilling statistic.

You can search to see which congressperson sponsored or cosponsored
which legislation.  Gephardt sponsored and/or cosponsored 41 bills.

Via a general web search I found that the bill with 280 cosponsors
(H.R.58) has the support of the American Dietetic Association, which
has a web page at http://www.eatright.org.  Click on "legislation &
public policy" (twice), then "washington report", and you can read
about their efforts.  They are also behind legislation (H.R.1375)
which will provide Medicare coverage of medical nutrition therapy.

I'll miss Washington (I,ll be at work).  Best of luck.

Phil T.