Friends-- I shared with Peter some of the responses to Jeanne, who was so
angry, and his response was, "What a wonderful group of people there  are
on the list---so caring and compassionate."    I also was impressed that
most who responded saw behind the insults and anger the pain and fear that
must be there, and responded to that, rather than to the very inappropriate
flaming.  We get so little flaming on this list, which is a blessing! Maybe
when folks are coping with real problems they learn some compassion for others
IN THE SAME BOAT?  (Oh no, that phrase again!!!!)  I hope we will hear again,
in a more rational voice, from Jeanne,and learn more about her and her
situation--and that she will stick around long enough to really appreciate
this forum in all its aspects.

That said, I must admit I can sympathise with the recent comments about
the quantity of "sparkling repartee", "inside jokes"and personal messages
that we have now. Things were calmer for a while, but the suggestion to
weigh one's posts thoughtfully as to whether they are of general interest or
for a "select group" really does make sense.  Of course, this has all been
discussed several times before, and we never seem to agree on a format,
subjects, etc--so perhaps a bit more self restraint and consideration are in
order--and changing the subject heading when we change the subject helps too!
Maybe to post again the info re: PD Chat Room would help?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"