Ron, The IBM voice software does not work very well, from what I hear.  The
NY Times this past week reviewed DragonSpeaking Naturally (or something like
that -- begins with Dragon) and thought it was pretty good.  Someone on this
List uses it and will probably respond to your question.  It retails for $695
but deals are available.  It has a bigger vocabulary than the IBM (33,000
words instead of 22,000) and one does not have to stop after every word (use
discrete speech, in other words).  I still have the review and can provide
details if you want, but the person actually using it will be a much richer
resource.  Best wishes, Delda White ([log in to unmask])