Ladies,

I can't help but just enter into this dialogue about hormones. My wife
Nancy has had PD for 22 years 52/22 and for at least the last 10 years
its been clear to me that her menstraul cycle had a significant affect
on her medications (Sinemet 10/100s and permax). Finally,  two  years
ago  I started to ask other ladies involved in the PAN forum what their
experiences were like an what they were doing about this problem. Mind
you this is not a particularly comfortable situation for a guy to be in.
To my surprise the flood gates of information and dialogue opened and I
learned more about meopause, and hot flashes than I ever wanted to know
about. But there was always a clear thread that the female cycle often
raised hell with the womans PD.

So, last year after virtually no help fron the neurological community,
Nancy and I went together to her OB/GYN and discussed what could be done
to stablize the estrogen, progesterone and another one that I can't
remember now,  and she suggested we try birth control pills (Loestrin)
and to take them with out the normal one week break. The result has been
quite good. There is virtually no monthly cyclic fluctuation any more in
the response to the PD meds. We still have the progresssive worsening of
the PD, but the steady state helps both of us maintain our sanity, and
not menstruating greatly simplifys the logistical problems that are
attendent with freezing etc. while trying to deal with hygiene and
bathroom needs.

Intrusively,
Bob Martone (Nancy just read it and agrees)

--
Kingwood, TX