Hopefully, the information that Mirapex will be available in pharmacies today
is correct, but I thought our experience last fall getting pro-amatine for
 Ken after it was approved and before it was in the hands of distributors
would be helpful to those of you who want or need a new drug as soon as it is
approved. He landed in the hospital because his old medication was no longer
working for his shy drager syndrome, and he was passing out from hypotension
almost every time he stood. We knew that proamatine had just been approved
for this, so the hospital pharmacist called the company that developed it and
arranged for a special delivery just for Ken.This took four days and was very
easy to do. Of course, none of the doctors here had any experience with the
drug, but with careful experimentation, it worked along with the old meds,
and he is home and almost never passes out anymore(at least for now).
 Barbara Smith, CG/Ken/69/16/SDS/5.