Marling, you did a good thing by writing the PD story to your newspaper. I
sit here thinking that everyone who is not comatose in the U.S.A.,  and
probably the rest of the world, knows things like: Who bit who's ear off in
the boxing ring,  that cigarette companies are in trouble for what they sell,
but suddenly cigars are a great thing(!), That O.J Simpson gets $25,000 to
hang out and play golf, but won't work to pay Fred Goldman $33Mil. and  that
President Clinton messed around with Paula Jones (allegedly) BUT they think
PD is just a case of  "shaky hands".  We see on this list that many DOCTORS
are not  aware of all the symptoms of PD!!!! Most folks know the warning
signs for cancer, due to wide advertising, years ago.  If we could only
educate the masses on PD,  especially how many young folks are affected!  You
made a start in the right direction, I commend you.  Could we get media
attention? Could the symptoms be printed on giveaway items like mugs?
 Billboards at major intersections in big cities?  TV exposure on the talk
shows?  I know this kind of advertising costs big money, maybe more than the
cost of researching the cure?  What about featuring Parkinsons on a soap
opera?  They always give the characters heart problems, maybe cancer, or
appendix attacks, why not PD, and write in a Pallidotomy, but then show how
it helps symptoms, but does not cure?   How could we get free public service
advertising on TV?  Anyone out there have an idea?  Ken B