----------
> Fra: Marling McReynolds <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Re: Public Education
> Dato: 12. juli 1997 12:53
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> It seems that since my diagnosis everyone around me asks me questions.  I
am
> amazed at how little they know about PD, and how many things they think
they
> know that just are not so.
>

> I intend to write more for the paper on PD and other such conditions so
that the
> general public will understand a little more when they see someone who
seems
> "not exactly right" or learns that they or their friends are diagnosed
with it.

> We are a small community and everyone's first reaction was to say it was
so sad,
> and they were sorry to lose me.  BUT, I'm still here and still working!
I guess
> I just want people to understand a little better.
>
> Have any of you tried to educate your community about PD??

*** Hello Marling, Yes I have  been contacted by a journalist from the
newspaper "Aarhus Stiftstidende" , Aarhus is the biggest town in Jutland,
Denmark, and he  made a very fine leading article. I know really many
people and are known in our community too here in the suburb where I live.
And people told me that now they better understand my situatation. After
that leader I was contacted by a Magazin, and they made a leader too. Now
it`s enough - because that`s no MY person who is interessted - but it`s the
message about PD and they way we PWP are able to live a decent life, and
take care of OUR C.G.

> Also, I need some ideas about support groups.  There are about 10 of us
in our
> area that have it. Only 3 of us are young ( under 50) PDers.  The others
are
> older (60 to 91).
*** I`ll like very much to inform you how we have started our support-group
for Younger with PWP In our counsil - we are about 25 which is quite a lot
- the age is from 30 to 60.
IF YOU ARE INTERESSTED - please mail me in private, because it`s not easy
to explain in  few words - remember I`m a Dane - and sometimes it is
difficult :-)).

Sonia

NEVER GIVE UP

> Thank you all for being there with your ideas, information, and love.  I
feel
> better just knowing that I will be at the computer tomorrow and seem to
be with
> you all.
>
> don't forget how to laugh
> Marling
*** You make me feel that I`m not alone.