Hello remember I  am the recently dg pd 3 weeks, my progress so far.

Emotional

Been through the tears lots of them, been through the why me bit many times I am
know at the acceptance phrase helped by my wife who is a nurse in a hospice, I
accept that I have to live my life with pd and I am going to make a good go at
it. a visitor from my local braanckh of the Parkinsons Society has been a real
help although we must get more Parkinsons trained nurses.

Medication

First two weeks Seligiline 5mg once per day and know I am  on 10mg per day, next
week start Ropinerole, whether or not it is a plaacebo effect or the Seligiline
but I am feeling better the syptoms are still there but I feel a lot less tired.

My Neuro is John Spillane who works in Birmingham and I am happy with him he
seems really up to date.

I like the content and feel of this list, it is more than a text book on
treatment its real, funny, sad, helpful,and full of good natured peoplee who
care, yes pd I am sure will get people down, thats life but this list helps pick
you up, I think it will be my friend and companion for a long time.

You realise when you go to your own doctor thats my Gp how little they know
about the modern treatment, I had to give my gp details of ropinerole taken from
the Internet!

Any way off to France for my annual holidays soon we tow a caravan, we will stay
in the Dordogne which is an area to the east of Bordeaux, the food is great the
wine terrific.

peter