Hello Donna.

    I usually stay in the background as far as the list is concerned, but
when you mentioned your 4 hours of dyskinesia I felt that I had to say
something.

    If my wife takes sinemet Cr late in the day (past noon actually) she has
the same problem.  However, by switching to regular sinemet her dyskinetic
period is 15 minutes or less. (Average about 10 min)

    Think about taking sinemet as an airplane ride.  You take off and fly
through the clouds. While going through the clouds there is some turbulence,
but soon you burst into the sunshine and the going is smooth until evening.
Now you have to land.  You can dive through the clouds or you can coast down
gently.  By diving through the clouds you get out of the bad time quickly.
However, if you go down at a gentle slope, it takes a long time to get
through them.

     Slow release often lets you down so gently you have to spend a long
time in the clouds.

     The other trick that we have is to relax as soon as the dyskinesia
starts.  My wife lays crosswise on the bed with her legs over the side and
her head on a pillow.  If you strain in any way during the dyskinesias they
just last that much longer.

      Robert Naylor    cg for Olive 74/20