On Tue 08 Jul, ROBERT NAYLOR wrote:
> Hello Donna.
>
>     I usually stay in the background as far as the list is concerned, but
> when you mentioned your 4 hours of dyskinesia I felt that I had to say
> something.
>
>     If my wife takes sinemet Cr late in the day (past noon actually) she has
> the same problem.  However, by switching to regular sinemet her dyskinetic
> period is 15 minutes or less. (Average about 10 min)
>
>     Think about taking sinemet as an airplane ride.  You take off and fly
> through the clouds. While going through the clouds there is some turbulence,
> but soon you burst into the sunshine and the going is smooth until evening.
> Now you have to land.  You can dive through the clouds or you can coast down
> gently.  By diving through the clouds you get out of the bad time quickly.
> However, if you go down at a gentle slope, it takes a long time to get
> through them.
>
>      Slow release often lets you down so gently you have to spend a long
> time in the clouds.
>
>      The other trick that we have is to relax as soon as the dyskinesia
> starts.  My wife lays crosswise on the bed with her legs over the side and
> her head on a pillow.  If you strain in any way during the dyskinesias they
> just last that much longer.

Hello Bob, It's nice to hear from you again. I have experienced end-of-dose
dyskinesias myself recently, as part of my efforts to find out what it is all
about, and most unpleasant they are too. However, I have also found out how
to avoid them, so I don't go there any more.
  Your comments are useful, because up there in what I call 'The Twilight
Zone' the rules which I have derived for my analysis program simply don't
work. Your rule that if you come down fast, the period of Dyskinesia is
shorter agrees with a comment someone else made (But she is not talking to
me any more). I tried to work through the dyskinesia last time, and if did
seem to last a long time, so if I inadvertantly get into that condition again
(and its very easy to do so), I will try to relex like your wife.

Best Wishes,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>