[log in to unmask] wrote:
>This is what many of us get out of this list -
>cyberhuman contact with fellow PDers who CARE.  Without the humor and
>silliness which occassionally pervades the list, we might as well all be
>robots!  Its bad enough that many of us already have the masks of
>inanimation.  We certainly don't have to let our inner-being go that
>route.

I agree - the social side of this list is *very* important. Probably the
most important bit.

But some people don't agree with us, or don't have time to participate in
"banter".

Why not have a place where humour and silliness is allowed, and places
which are very much more focussed and "professional"?

Or how about having smaller/lower traffic lists where "banter" is only a
few messages, and it isn't percieved as a problem?

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============