Stephan Schwartz -
        Shame on you for trying to make an issue out of nothing -  have you
nothing better to do?  The EXACT quote from BillyBaird  that you didn't use
here is:
         "CaciusClay is a good example of a Parkinsons person who is lazy,
that is, anyone who refuses to take his prescribed medication is lazy."
        No reasonable person could possibly take the above silly statement
as a "racist" remark, as you have.  Muhammad Ali was one of the greatest
boxers of our time, quick witted, super sense of humour and now?  Now he is
Parkinson's greatest advocate for research and education.  No one, of any
colour,  can ever diminish Muhammad Ali as a great person, great athlete,
great wit, a great human being.
          Sharon<[log in to unmask]>

 07:12 AM 7/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>William Baird -
>Shame on you!  Your July 7th posting was an ignorant statement to make
>about the most powerful symbol of our fight to find a cure!  Because I
>was away from my computer for two weeks I wasn't aware of the racial
>slur you placed on the list until this a.m.
>
>The use of Mr. Ali's "slave name" (which he abandoned over twenty years
>ago!) was a malicious effort by you to diminish him as a person and a
>symbol.  What have you done for the advancement of the effort to find a
>cure?  How many people have you educated; how many millions of dollars
>have you raised?
>
>You owe Mr. Ali and this list an apology!
>
>Stephan Schwartz 53/7    <[log in to unmask]>

Sharon <[log in to unmask]>