Charlie and Billy,
I believe this is the case in Canada as well. To do otherwise would be
considered discrimination, just as one cannot be fired or "let go" because
they have a chronic illness. However, if an employer is determined to get
rid of somebody, they can usually find another way. Unfortunate, but it does
happen...

Judith <judithr @ rogers.wave.ca..