Audrey:

I am two years into my life sentence with PD and became an avid believer of
Pyc about a year ago.  I wasn't sure of the benefits I was deriving until I
switched brands.  After I switched from Your Life to some other brand
(Twinlabs, I think) my symptoms worsened (my tremors were worse and my
stiffness was worse).

Tell your father that Pyc is a powerful antioxidant which crosses the blood
brain barrier.  I spoke to my neuro yesterday about all my supplements
including Pyc, Lipoic Acid, Vit E etc. and he encouraged me to continue
taking them all.  After two years, my symptoms are still quite mild.  My
only prescription medication is the minimum dose of Eldepryl.  I could be
someone who progresses slowly (like I do in all other aspects of my life) or
it could be the supplements.  As long as I can afford it, I am not taking
chances by cutting back.

BTW:  The neuro did question my use of gingko, but I told him it helped to
keep me awake and alert.

              Ron (49/2)