^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  76   deg. F black-eyed susans
galore

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997 07:17:11 -0400 Heather Elizabeth Baird
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I appologize for my comments, they were totally ignorant, as I
>did not know that the name stood for a slave holder.

Billy,

My thanks to you for your apology about labelling Mr. Ali..  Two of my
now much-improved sysstem of caregivers are African-American women from
the South.. One grew up in poverty on a white man's cotton plantation.

 Another three are gay men.

  All of us feel relieved that you are hearing my plea for sensitivity,
as we all have experienced hatred and discrimination.

 Yours sincerely,

Ivan Suzman  [log in to unmask]