To add to the storehouse of information about this uniquely individualistic
disease, I almost NEVER take meds at nite.  My first meds of the day are taken
about 11 -12 noon, and the next dose (the last) is taken about 5 to 6 p.m.
(depending).   This is the same schedule and drug dose I was on prior to my
10/24/94 unilateral pallidotomy.

Since the surgery, I no longer have "on's 'n off's" but do get kind of an
"antsy" feeling - a restlessness" after approximately 6 hours (from the time
the first dose of the day was taken) that indicates to me it's time to take a
Sinamet.

I might add, in the VERY stress-filled 12 months prior to getting laid off my
job on July 7, the PD was very active (for me).   I've been free from that
stress for 2 solid weeks now and FEEL great - PD-wise.  Even the daily
profound exhaustion had abated by July 10th.

The reason I mention this is because I still DO have stress in my life - one
can't 'be human and not. However, it's not that awful, all-day, all-night, 7
day-a-week-grinding-work-related-stress that came with Microsoft's taking
someone who was gifted at doing the original job she was hired to do and
trying to turn that non-technical-oriented individual into a programmer  THAT
was on top of the normal job-related stress..

I've begun to think that there's something like an "acceptable PD stress
level" which one's system (tho not always one's mind) WILL tolerate to a
certain degree.  However, at some point, if that invisible stress level is
exceeded on a regular daily basis we hit "PD PAYBACK TIME!"

That's when the Parkinson's Disease reminds us who's REALLY running the show.

Barb Mallut