On 07/20/97 Janice Long asked:

>Can anyone identify with my description or am I weird?  I know everyone
>with PD doesn't experience akathisia, but I would like to be able to
>better understand what is happening when this occurs.

Janice:

You are not being weird. When I read your description of akinesia to my
husband, his comment was, "That's about it." In addition to the feeling of
antsiness, and the need to get up and move, he says it feels like he has
very high blood pressure. Actually, his BP is usually quite low. Apparently,
it is a feeling of extreme inner pressure. Like others who have commented on
this phenomenon, he says he can't describe it satisfactorily.

Martha Rohrer (CG forNeal, 77/12)