At 03:30 PM 7/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Rosemary....
>
>I've been on Sinamet 25/250's since 1989, and initially had nausea within a
>short while after taking the first dose of the day.  My then neurologist said
>"live with it,"

Nausea was a serious problem for me when I started Sinemet over 4 years ago.
I switched to CR but the nausea was still there.  Fortunately I had the
opportunity
to meet and discuss this with Alan Bonander.  He suggested that I try
vanilla wafers
with the medication about one half to one hour before meals. It worked then
and it still works.
Every once in a while I try to skip the wafers----but the nausea still comes
back.
I also take Eldepryl with my morning and noon Sinemet CR 50/200.
This may not work for everyone but it is my survival trick.  The wafers are
low in
protein also for minimum effect in cancelling out the Sinemet.

Erv Birzer     63/4
*       Erv & Jan Birzer         *
*       (805) 964-4983)  *