For those who have been living with PD longer than I, is there an average speed
and order for the onset of different symptoms?

I know the answer is probably no, but I would be interested in hearing from some
of you as to how you got to the place you are at now.

Nearly 4 years ago I started my slide to the bottom of clinical depression.
Nearly two years ago my tremor started in my right hand.  At first I wanted to
say it was just because I cried a lot and was depressed.  One doctor thought it
was the paxil that caused the tremor because it can in some people.

But, when I went to the neurologist one +one/half years ago, he poked me,
watched me walk, checked out my tremor, and said that I had PD.  The tremor
alone would not have been enough, but when he was testing my muscles I exhibited
the "cog wheeling" effect of muscle ridigity.  These combined with my depression
started me on eldepryl and sinemet.  I reacted nearly immediately to the
sinemet.  This only confirmed it more.

Since my diagnosis, the tremor has spread to my right leg.  I have cramps ( not
ordinary type, but PD tightening of muscles) in both my right calf and thigh and
this week in my left calf.  I have some stiffening, lose of balance, shuffling
or limping, and now I think my left arm is beginning to tremor also.

I have had a "tic" in my lower lip for many years and I suppose that was really
one of the very first symptoms, but went unreconized.

How have some of you progressed?? I am curious as to this progression, the order
of symptoms and speed.

Thanks for reading my too long post, and I hope some of you will answer in kind.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]  (work)  or  [log in to unmask]