Hi Susan,

> AND REPLIED " DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE REALLY BAD HANDWRITING -
> I CAN'T EVEN READ THIS AND THREW IT BACK AT ME!  I WAS IN SHOCK
> NEEDLESS TO SAY!

Yeah, people can be so unthinking.  I can't remember being so rude when I
was younger (selective memory?) but I certainly thought I would live
forever, and that anyone over thirty should be on a pension.  <grin>

I think it isn't rudeness often, just thoughtlessness. I have to use a
walking stick sometimes, and people (some, anyway) can be so kind.  But
when I don't use it, it's every man and woman for themselves!"

> THERE ARE SOME DAYS THAT NOTHING WORKS SO I HAVE EVEN
> ASKED THE CLERK TO WRITE OUT THE CHECK AND I SIGN IT

Hurrah! for auto-tellers, I say.  I know they aren't the answer to
everything, but at least they don't make value judgements ( just financial
ones <grin>).

Jim

 James F. Slattery, J.P., M.A.C.S.
 JandA Computing Consultancy